Think, Plan and Execute
التنمية البشرية - Human development
There are six basic pillars of human development: equity, sustainability, productivity, empowerment, cooperation and security that AKKAROUNA is working on:
- Equity is the idea of fairness for every person, between men and women; we each have the right to an education and health care.
- Sustainability is the view that we all have the right to earn a living that can sustain our lives and have access to a more even distribution of goods.
- Productivity states the full participation of people in the process of income generation. This also means that the government needs more efficient social programs for its people.
- Empowerment is the freedom of the people to influence development and decisions that affect their lives.
- Cooperation stipulates participation and belonging to communities and groups as a means of mutual enrichment and a source of social meaning. - Security offers people development opportunities freely and safely with confidence that they will not disappear suddenly in the future
التنمية البيئية - Environmental development
The goals of environmental sector of AKKAROUNA include but are not limited to:
- Creating relationships with the government and other organizations. - Offering training and assistance in environmental conservation to maximize the use of local resources. - Supporting & engaging environmental solutions.
- Training the community in the environmental awareness field and recycling
الإغاثة في حالات الطوارئ والكوارث -
Emergency and Disaster relief
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me to add your own content and make changes to the font.
Although newborn, AKKAROUNA association was able to obtain many important achievements. It was established as a result of total absence of guidance on both levels Humanitarian and environmental, and due to the marginalization of women in that region. The association has evolved from seven to twenty five members and more than hundred friend, who are all interested in development issues in the province of Akkar, in coordination with all the bodies and institutions involved in this regard. It also launched environmental campaigns aiming to raise awareness and to define the role of nature and how to preserve a clean environment in coordination with the municipalities in the region, in addition to planting 20.000 trees offered by the Ministry of Agriculture. It also worked on improving the performance of a group of youth (20 members), to engage in a civilized manner with the community and government institutions. It also helped them to improve the level of planning and organization of activities and projects. In addition; Akkarouna worked on development issues with many local government institutions and ministries. With “Al Walid Bin Talal Institution” we established the first IT center in “Al Jawhara School” in Bazbina village, as well as Dentistry and General Clinic in Al Borj Akkar. Public garden and street renovation in Sha’adouf Akar and the lightening of a basketball play ground in Akkar El Atika in partnership with the concerned municipalities and the USAID NGO. With the FAO organization we are establishing a professional kitchen to improve the quality of the traditional Akkarian food (MOONEH). This kitchen will benefit all the villages of Al Joumeh Area. Moreover, the association organizes an annual festival that attracts hundreds of expatriates, and more than three thousand tourists from all regions of Lebanon. It also has cooperated with the Women Union’s Association to provide the success of their activities, supported and participated in the arrival of the first woman in the municipal council of the village Borj – Akkar in the latest elections. The association works on raising the moral, behavioral and environmental awareness; shedding light on an area rich in both natural and human resources. It also seeks to involve youth in various types of activities to keep them away from delinquency and the tendency of violence.
Food Packages Distributed
Food Packages Distributed
Port Rehabilitation & Lighting
Wireless Cameras Installed
Akkarouna In Action
In- Kind Grants
Social and Advocacy Initiatives
Municipal Plans Updated
MoSA Social Workers
Social Development Centers
Youth Capacity Building
Dental Clinic Established
Women Capacity Building
Non Food Items Distributed
Partners Local Authorities
Staff training Days
For any inquiries, questions or commendations, please call: +96171373342 or fill out the following form
Akkar, Halba Main Road, Fakhoury Center, 2nd Floor
Dam w Farez street, behind justice courts
To apply for a job with Sphere Constuctions, please send a cover letter together with your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org